Monday, October 3, 2011

Conference weekend!!

Kyle and I had a great conference weekend together! We got to hear great talks, cuddle, and just spend lots of happy engaged couple time together (even though I should've been studying).


Saturday we got up early and ate breakfast at the cannon center (compliments of my almost sister-in-law Heather) and then we went and watched the first session of conference at Kyle's grandparents house with Kyle's dad and sis. It was fun to hang out over there!

Next we went SHOPPING!!! Let me tell you, Kyle is a GREAT shopping buddy. He actually gives great feedback on what I'm trying on! I picked out a good outfit for engagement pictures after a good 2 hours of shopping around.

We then went back to Kyle's house and watched Saturday afternoon's session together. It's really nice to watch conference with Kyle, because he strokes my hair and lets me lay on him while we both listen to the amazing talks!

The rest of the night was spend playing Mario Kart. We get WAY to into this game. At one point, I thought I got first place, and I stood up and cheered, soon to realize I still had one more lap to go. Kyle could NOT stop laughing at me. We scream at each other while we play (which might scare the roomies haha).
Mario Kart...our fave pastime 


Sunday morning I woke up early and went to Kyle's house so I could make him crepes! I LOVE crepes, and it was the perfect Sunday morning conference breakfast. I think that should be our new family tradition.



Kyle stop taking pictures of me!

the flip!

Kyles are on the black plate, mine are on the blue plate

cutest couple EVER!

After Sunday morning session we went over to my grandparents house to have lunch with my cousin Reese and his wife Megan, as well as my Aunt and cousin. We told them our story of our engagement and they asked us questions about our wedding plans. It was a lot of fun to catch up with everybody and have Kyle meet some of my fam!

After afternoon session Kyle and I went to mi casa to make cookies ( I owe a girl cookies for getting a tube of blood out of another girl with impossible veins...don't ask) and we played some more mario kart, called our family, I wrote a paper on the Skrjabinoptera phrynosoma parasite (no I don't know how to pronounce it) ,watched a funny movie, and had a great conversation filled with a lot of laughing. 

Conference weekend is always the best weekend of the year, but it's even better when you get to spend it with your best friend :) ♥

and now back to school.


2 comments:

  1. you guys already have a blog together!! this is more serious then the ring!!

    ReplyDelete