Saturday, August 11, 2012

Key Lime Cake



This cake is the most amazing cake I've ever had! I really need to share this recipe to all of you! My amazing friend Mandy Linford gave this recipe to me when we were roommates, and it has still been my very favorite cake! Here is the recipe!!


Key Lime Cake
1 box lemon cake mix
1 3.5 ounce box lemon pudding
1 cup water
1 cup oil
4 eggs
4 tablespoons lime juice

Glaze
2 cups powdered sugar 
1/3 cup lime juice


instructions:
grease and flour a 9x13 pan
mix the first 6 ingredients together and pour in a pan. Bake 325 degrees for 1 hour. Let cool for 10 minutes. Mix powdered sugar and lime juice to make glaze. Prick cake with a fork and pour glaze over the top and let seep through the cake. 


notes: Original recipe is for a bundt cake pan, so cooking for an hour may not be accurate. I've found that it is done after about 40 minutes
I like to double the glaze, but do whatever you feel you'd like better!






And here is the final product!!! Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment