Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remembering

We all remember where we were and what we are doing on the morning of September 11, 2001. I was getting ready for 6th grade, and I remember kneeling in my parents room with my siblings and parents, watching the TV in horror. I remember the second plane crashing into building number 2 and watching both buildings crumble to the ground. I remember my mom crying and everyone else in my family watching in silence and astonishment. I went to school and all we did all day was watch the news and talk about how we were feeling. It was a weird day; filled with silence and confusion. Each year on September 11th, I remember that day like it was yesterday...and it feels like it happened just yesterday. Over the years, I've loved hearing the heroic stories of people that survived that day. I will always have a special place in my heart for the people that died and all of the heroes that stepped up when America needed them. It was a very sad day for America, and we will always remember and honor the people that died, and all the people that saved lives.

My friend shared this scripture this morning, and I thought it was very powerful...

"Except the Lord doth chasten his people with many afflictions, yea, except he doth visit them with death and terror, and with famine and with all manner of pestilence, they will not remember him."
-Helaman 12:3

May we always remember this day and remember the God that made this free country possible.


1 comment: