Saturday, June 15, 2013

It's a....


BOY!

Kyle and I are so excited to be having a son! Yesterday morning Kyle and I headed to the hospital to get our 20 week ultrasound! It was an amazing experience for us! It was so cool to see our baby moving inside of me and to get to see the developing body of our little guy. Our little baby is ACTIVE! He did not stop moving, which made it kind of difficult for our radiologist to get pictures of him haha. From what I understand, my placenta is in the front of my uterus, making it so I don't feel this little guy swimming laps inside of me! I do get to feel him kicking around in there every once in awhile though, and it is a really cool feeling! It took me awhile to distinguish intestinal gas bubbles from the baby moving, but now I just smile when I feel those little flutters!

While watching our little man on the screen in the ultrasound room, we were looking at the little guy's legs and feet...and all of a sudden an unmistakable characteristic showed up. I screamed " I KNOW WHAT THAT IS! I KNEW IT!" I was so excited to see a little boy in there! Kyle said it didn't register right away to him, so he was confused at why I started getting excited! Kyle said at first he was a little shocked, because he was certain our little one would be a girl, but he is estatic to have a son! We can't stop talking about our little baby boy and how we can't wait until October to meet him!

We can't stop staring at our beautiful baby's face. I am so happy that the doctor got us a print out so we can just stare at that cute button nose all day!

Our due date stayed the same after this appointment was all said and done. The big day will be October 23, 2013! It's going to be a long 4 months of waiting for this little guy!

After our appointment we celebrated by eating Chick-fil-a and going to target to pick out something for our baby. Our deal was that whoever was right about the gender got to pick out our first baby item. Since I guessed a boy, I picked out the CUTEST little shoes I've ever seen! We can't wait to put those little shoes on our baby boy's feet!


Our little man rubbing his eye


Look at that cute little nose! We can't wait to kiss it!


Our baby's stats at 21 weeks are:
Weight: 13 ounces
Length: 10.5 inches long (the length of a carrot)
The eyebrows and eyelids are completely formed!



Are these shoes not the cutest little things you've ever seen?!?

Now to start getting the nursery ready! Only 19 weeks to go!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited!!! Make way for a package in the mail here and there until that cutie pie gets here. grandma is clearing out baby stuff and making little boy things, too!!!

    ReplyDelete