Sunday, July 14, 2013

Lately



Life lately has been grand!

I have officially hit 25 weeks of pregnancy

As I start to get closer and closer to my third trimester, I am realizing the difficulties that will come.
Like today, for example, I experienced my very first painful Braxton Hicks contraction. It was a good 5 minutes of intense cramping also accompanied by a minor anxiety attack. I had no idea what was going on in my dear belly, so I was freaking out a little bit. Kyle was asking me what he should do...and my response was a panicked I don't know! I didn't quite know what the difference was between real labor pain and Braxton Hicks contractions...so I just stood there, panicking...frozen in fear. Thankfully after a couple minutes of that, the pain tapered off (and just left me feeling tired and sore) and I was able to finish my pasta. Eating and resting on the couch, I researched what I just went through and am now aware of the differences between true labor pain and torturous cramping. After experiencing that...I can officially say I am super excited to go into real labor in a couple of months (not)

Utah has been HOT lately. Almost too hot for a pregnant lady to handle. Thankfully I work in a nicely air-conditioned lab, and only venture outside to water my plants and get the mail. I've made it a goal of mine to never be at the end of my second trimester/start of my third during summer EVER again. 

On the more positive side of things, our little baby boy kicks A LOT! And when I say a lot, I mean almost 24/7! He also likes to play a funny game with us. Whenever he is kicking me really hard, I grab Kyle and put his hand where our baby is kicking. Right when that hand goes onto my belly, baby stops kicking! He is so sneaky! Kyle either has a really good calming effect with our little one, or our baby likes to mess with his dad (I smell trouble!).

My belly is getting bigger and bigger by the day! I can't believe what a big baby boy I have already! Keep in mind, I am only at 25 weeks....I can't even imagine what a giant belly I'll have by the end of this pregnancy!


Here are Baby Boy Richardson's statistics:
length: 13.5 inches
weight: 1.5 lbs
Baby is the size of a rutabaga
Baby is growing hair on his head and gaining cute baby fat!


Also, I've discovered how much I love the store Carter's....especially the outlet store. This past 4th of July weekend, they were having a sale, so I picked up a couple of cute baby boy outfits for our son. Who says you can't play dress up with a baby boy!


This past Friday was Cow Appreciation Day at chick-fil-a, and for those of you who have been living under a rock...cow appreciation day is the best day of the summer! It's when you dress up like a cow and get a free meal at chick-fil-a! I always forget which day this holiday falls on, and I unfortunately remembered right as I was walking into the blood bank to start my shift. (oh well...maybe next year)

Fast forward to later in the night. I had just gotten back from eating dinner at it was about 9:45pm. I walk out to the bench area and see my coworkers decorating a lab coat with cow spots! I was so excited!! Fortunately there is a chick-fil-a right across the street from the hospital so my coworker Bryant and I ran over to get free food right before it closed. We tried to get 4 free meals for everyone (we took pictures of those that didn't go with us) but they would only give us 2. boo. I also tried to take their really cool balloons shaped like cows, but they wouldn't let me do that either. How dare you deny a pregnant lady!

Here is a picture of the creative lab coat! We taped a glove with pink sharpie colored on it onto the coat for the utters. I put white spots on my scrubs and I was the "chocolate milk" cow. 


everyone in costume



Also, my sister Kathryn is hilarious. She is SUPER smart, and she's only 6 years old! Her latest obsession is the card game uno...and she is GOOD at it! Anyways today I had my weekly facetime chat with the fam, and she said some funny things. The first funny Kathryn-ism happened when she looked at a picture of me and said "Lauren, you're looking pretty large!" thanks Kathryn Later on in the conversation I apparently said something a little crazy...because she turned to Kyle and said "*sigh*...oh pregnant women." Kyle then promptly responded, "Kathryn, you get me." I'm glad to see Kyle and Kathryn can vent about me to each other...it's a healthy brother/sister relationship.




No comments:

Post a Comment