Sunday, September 22, 2013

The 9th Month

My giant belly!

What can I say about the last month of pregnancy....

The only thing that comes to mind is that it is HARD!
The Braxton Hicks contractions keep getting stronger and stronger, and my sleep schedule keeps getting worse and worse.

I've found that I am desperately telling myself during those late nights that I can make it through...I can do it. And I can...it's just hard.

This week marks the first week of my cervical checks...a huge milestone in my eyes. I told myself throughout this pregnancy that once I made it to my weekly appointments, I was almost there! 

This upcoming Wednesday I will hit my 36th week of pregnancy. Only one more week until I'm full term, and one more month until my due date. Labor and Delivery is so close, I can taste it (and it tastes like crunchy ice). 

Kyle and I are more than excited to meet our little boy. I know I probably say that in every post, but now that we are so close, it's all becoming a reality. We are already in love with him and we CAN NOT WAIT to meet him. 

Here are baby Richardson's stats for 36 weeks:

weight: 6 lbs!
length: 18.5 inches
most of the downy hair is gone as well as the vernix caseosa (the waxy covering on his skin)
He is running out of room, so most of his movements have changed from kicking to squirming


1 comment:

  1. I bet he will be close to Myka's weight, love those chunky babies! The last month is rough. Until you have labor/delivery/recovery + nursing...then it doesn't seem as rough. But at least it progresses with an end in sight (and you have a sweet baby to coo at). :) So exciting!

    ReplyDelete