Friday, April 22, 2016

Jonathan's Funeral

On December 10th, 2015, my little brother, Jonathan, passed away after struggling for years with mental illness. It was an extremely tragic moment for myself and my family and we miss him dearly everyday. Through all of the pain of losing a brother though, I've also seen many miracles in my life and come to have an even stronger testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know I will see my brother Jonathan again in a perfect form and he will be free from illness, which brings me so much joy!

I wanted to share some pictures from the few days we spent in Kentucky for Jonathan's funeral. There's a mix of sad pictures and happy pictures which really describes how those few days were. We were all so sad to lose such a beloved member of our family, but having our whole family surround us during this time brought many happy moments. I am so glad I'm apart of such an amazing family, and that they all reached out and surrounded us with love as we dealt with our loss. I feel very lucky that I got to be Jonathan's sister, and I can't wait until I get to see and talk with him again in the spirit world.


Ellsworth side of the family

Kathryn doing my hair

Everett actually sitting still in church!

Kathryn, Elizabeth, and Aunt Michelle

We will miss our brother


Moody side at their old home in Lexington

Christian and Uncle Kyle

Ellsworth side arriving at the airport

Aunt Mari and Everett








Kathryn and Uncle Jim

L: I just want you to know I really look up to you guys
M: Duh Lauren, it's because we're taller than you




Grandma Moody and Grandpa Ellsworth

Me with Aunt Jill and Uncle Clay












The older cousins all went to see Star Wars because Jonathan really wanted to go see it before he died


Our Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins got us all presents so we could have a Christmas


They got me the new Urban Decay Gwen Stephani eye shadow pallet!



Our new favorite game...Telestrations




No comments:

Post a Comment